Monday, December 3, 2007

Beautiful Counrty Roads









My worker/driver invited me to his wedding at Felda Tersang,roughly about 30km from Raub,Pahang.I promised him that I will attend his wedding.

My car broke down due to worn out steering coupling and engine mounts. So I leave the car at workshop.
A friend,who migrated to USA let me use his sister's( also migrated there ) Proton Savvy AMT for me to use for the weekends.

My journey to Felda Tersang starts at Sunday 10 am.We packed and went for my favourite Penang Curry mee at Restoran 99 in Amamn Puri,Kepong.Yummy!!!Ordered one for me and one for my wife...plus extra bowl of blood jelly made out of pigs's blood.














The Extra Blood Jelly...















The drive from Gombak towards Bentong toll was quite smooth actually.The Savvy also didn't dissapoint me...it handles well uphill and down hill.The fun starts after Bentong town towards Raubs.
TK,Here's the strecth...powerful cars would love it.

Sunny blue sky and long strecthes....from Bentong towards Raub.

This is the turn off from Raub to Cheroh town before reaching Falda Tersang.
The roads reminds me of the 80s where skies are always blue...not many cars on the roads.



The stretch close to Felda Tersang..

will post the video soon

My worker seems to be very happy that I finally arrvie at his wedding...we were serve the Kenduri , kampung style.The Gotong Royong style( Where villagers will come and help from setting up the Kelamin(Wedding Stage),Tents for guess and cooks for the feast...I want my son to expereince himself of Malay Wedding.I told him that the Groom and Bride will the King Of the Day.I told him about the custumes that the groom traditional dress...like the Baju Melayu,Songket,Tenggolok and the Keris.
The Kelamin...(Stage)where guess of honor would Menepung Tawar the palms of the wedding couple.Then the Hantaran and Mas Kahwin.

The Newly Wed...



















The Hantaran...from the Groom.














Surprisingly the Felda Tersang is quite huge...and what surprises me was that there is a Petrol Kiosk in the settlement.I had to top up the petrol and hey...they even accept credit card payment.!!














The road exiting to out of the Felda Settlement also nice...I couldn't resist.I had to stop and snap a few pictures.
Under the tree..





























The fun starts only on the way back...Here's the milestone of the journey backto Kuala Lumpur.














Leaving the Felda Tersang...



















Since it's only 2pm and still early,Raub town is just about 30 minutes drive.My wife ask me to turn in to Fraser Hill via Raub Town.That's when the fun starts...I called TK,Told him that the roads here are beautiful and superb.
The strecth from Raub up to Fraser Hill is about 40.5km..cos I reset my trip meter.Twisties...trees and hill ravines and on 23.9 km uphill of the road we saw a roadkill. A carcarse of a python.














Hey TK, Look at the greens...cool wind blowing all the time.I turn off the air condition and enjoy the breeze air.Very refreshing
Can't believe myself that I can still find a place where we can enjoy driving without A/C off.I parked to snapped this picture for you,TK.














Refreshing stop...





haha...I stopped for a ciggie break la TK. LOL

At the turn in uphill...9km uphill but with a narrow one way road.



















The drive up from here is slow..cos there are a few cars infront that are slow.Too narrow for me overtake them.After sometime,we finally arrived uphill.It's even cooler up there.The buildings there are beauiful,some are built from the colonial days.
Even the Bus Stop caught my attention.

















The greens and the house...man!!! I wish I can afford to buy a plce like this.














I drives my family crusing around town,there 's nothing much there but it is a nice place to stay and relax.But time is not on ourside...it's near afternoon.I couldn't find a restaurant to hangout.Was trying to get my fix( Nescafe),I'm a coffe addict! We stayed about 30 minutes and my wife reminds me that we still got another wedding to go in KL town.
The downhill drive is much safer...one way but two lane down. It's roughly about 9km down hill drives until reaching another turn off to Kuala Kubu Bahru.From there on...the road are even more nicer to drive...I think TK will go crazy over the roads here.
I told my wife that we will be passing thru a brigde that quite high...where I went whitewater rafting with Wei Li and a group of fanatic rock climbers a while back.





























As we are out of the mountain roads...heading towards KL via Federal Road Route 1 KL bound.
My wife ask me to droipby the Ulu Yam Lama town...she's drooling over the dish that she can't stop thinking of.It's really nice..
The Nai Yau Kam Heong Curry Prawns....yummy!!!!! We always stop by at this shop whenever We are on the way back to KL from an outstation drives.
Here's the restaurant's name if you guys happens to be passing by Ulu Yam Lama town.Although the place is famous for the Loh Mee...but that dish is a must!! A Must!!!











































By the time we finishes our meal....wwe heads off,trying to get to KL town for another wedding .But once I've reached Kampung Choh,we we caught in the infamous Rawang 2km jam....WTF.This is what I hate abut city life.There were a lot of inconsiderate drivers that trying to cut the ques reaching the Rawang town...bastards. Where are the Traffic Police when needed.Impatients drivers always pissed me off.

By the time I reached KL town , near Padang Merbok Goverment Quarters It's already 8.30pm.I called my friend,even though I missed his wedding dinner.He was so happy.He is one of those guys that I missed so much from my kampung days. We chatted and we keep telling his wife that we were so crazy whenever we went camping at Bukit Merah Lake area.
The wife is so generous,she serves my family and me the Kuih Muih( cakes and desserts)
.I was reluctant to leave but its getting late.I told my friend that we will definately plan a trip back top the island weher we always go camping.We shook hands and hugged each other like never letting go of each other. aaahh...it's good to see him again.

It's exactly 10.35pm when I reached home.I keep telling my wife that one day,I would love to take my son camping back at Bukit Merah.I wanna let him know that he shud learn how to fend for himself when ther's hard time.Learn to know and respect other races customs and cultures.

Thats how I spent my Sunday with my family,A Proton Savvy which is never boring,Two wedding ,good drives 567kmh to be exact,cooling places,sunny blue sky,good meals. What more can I ask for..??
The beautiful country roads..leading to places that reminds me of days in the 80s.
I'm looking forward to spent this kind of day with my driving buddies... what surprises me most was how I am able to spent 2 hours on my desk,writing my adventures with my family.

TK,
Maybe you and the guys,Yeap,Elaine and his boy boy,Wei Li.We go whitewater rafting at Kuala Kubu Bahru and we drives up Fraser Hill.Spend the night up there and drive back via Raub .That will be fun,Don't you think??

6 comments:

Touge King said...

Zoggee,

Nice roads bro! It must be fun to do a drive with all our touge kakis. Come on guys, what do you think :) ?

Unknown said...

Zog, my mother's hometown is in Cheroh. A nice quite small town. The road from Raub to GAP is really fun. From GAP to Fraser, ie the one way road, we normally wait until the last car has gone up for some time, then only we blast our way up! :)

Zoggee said...

Yeap,
Yes...the Cheroh town is nce. Any good food there.
TK,
We shud go there.I like the place a lot.

Want me to arrange whitewater rafting at Kuala Kubu Bahru? Guys!!????

Alex Wan said...

zog...

wow.. raub, kbb, and sg.ruan are my 2nd hometown. you could have stopped by sg.ruan/krau for the "gong-sai-kou-yoke".. :D

wish i could join you next time..

have fun and take care..

Zoggee said...

Alex,

Dude....thanks for car.It's fun.How much is your selling it?

EvilaineKhoo said...

zoggie.. you changed to savvy already ar?